Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas is Not Your Birthday

I read this on a blog this week and it really stuck with me.  How many people look at Christmas as their birthday?  We all know that it is the birth of Jesus yet we receive gifts like it was our own birthday. 

Shouldn't Jesus be the one that receives gifts on His birthday?  How do we give gifts to Jesus? 

We decided to have a family meeting last night to talk about what we could do to celebrate Jesus' birthday.  The kids were excited and impressive with their thoughtful ideas.  We ultimately decided to sponsor a child through World Vision. What's a better way to give a gift to Jesus than to help a child in need?

44 “Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’  45 “And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’
Matthew 25:44-45

 5 “And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.
Matthew 18:5

Does your family have a special way to give a gift to Jesus?
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to read your comments!! They brighten up my day! Thank you so much for taking the time!! :-)