Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

So, I have been away from the computer celebrating the holidays with my family for the past two weeks.  It was wonderful but way too short.  My youngest two are still in public school and they barely had a break.  They had a half day on the 23rd and then they where supposed to be back in school today!!  Way too short!!  We decided to keep them home today so we could enjoy one last day together.  I can't wait until next year when we will determine our own schedule! 

I am really excited to get back to school!  B will be starting Singapore 5B this week and we only have about three weeks left of Teaching Textbooks 5.  We are ahead of schedule! :-)  Even after having an extremely light end of the year ... I counted baking cookies as our math class one day ... there are fractions ya know!  And I didn't want to start the new Singapore book before the break. 

I can't believe that it is already January!

Happy New Year from my family to yours!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Baking is an excellent way to have math class. When I started doing that with my oldest years ago, I wouldn't give him the specific measuring cup called for (if the recipe called for 1 cup of flour, I'd give him a 1/3 cup measuring cup, etc.). Great for getting those brain cells working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @flmom
    What a great idea! I will have to remember that next time. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!! They brighten up my day! Thank you so much for taking the time!! :-)