Monday, September 10, 2012

What was I thinking??


So, today was one of those days.  The ones where I wonder why I brought all three of my kids home this year.  Last year was peaceful and rewarding with just me and B.  What was I thinking??

We have had a couple of these not so good days.  Not to point fingers... but they usually involve a very strong-willed, adorable (lucky for her) little 7 year old.  Last year was calm.  B and I had some tough days but they were few and usually resolved quickly.  My little ball of ... um ... energy and attitude ... is different.  There are many tough  (disruptive to the boys) days and few are resolved quickly.  I have seriously considered sending her back to public school for a few more years.  Did I pull her out too early?

Then I remember why I am doing this.  It is not supposed to be easy, right??  It will get better and we will all benefit from this time together, right??  I will miss this time when they are all grown up, right??

Thankfully, I have a very supportive husband who calms me when I have these days.  He reassures me and tells me that it will be OK and to pray.  I am so thankful for him.  I am thankful that I am able to homeschool and that I have this choice when others do not.  I am thankful for my precious (I didn't grind my teeth too hard as I typed that) little girl who is EXACTLY like I was when I was her age. 

Now I think I am going to go pray ...

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
Romans 12:12

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we all have (many of) those days! My 7 year old daughter announced this morning that she might want to go back to public school one day ... maybe in 2 years, she said. My heart sunk a bit. But, I always said I would let my kids do what they wanted to do .. what was best for them. Honestly, I don't think she'll always want to homeschool. She loves activity so much. She's just like me and I LOVED school. I guess time will tell.

    Keep Calm and Carry On!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those days do happen. And near as I can tell, there is no way to prevent them. I'm glad your husband is so supportive. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!! They brighten up my day! Thank you so much for taking the time!! :-)