Tuesday, March 20, 2012

And the Results Are ...

So I got B's PIAT-r test results back today.  I think he did well?  I'm not really sure?  Our evaluator sent a detailed explanation of the results I just can't seem to wrap my head around them!  It says that B did better than 70% of kids his age that took the test.  That seems OK.  Maybe I am expecting too much?  I guess I wanted him to do better than 90% of kids his age...  Too much?   :-)

It also says that his scores were consistent with the scores of someone who was 11-10 (11 years and 10 months old) or grade 6.5.  He is 11.  Well, he will be in 2 days.  :-)  And we are about 3/4 of our way through 5th grade.  Does that mean that 30% of the kids do better than this?  I guess that makes sense.

Does anyone out there have experience with the PIAT-r standardized test?  I guess that next year it will be easier because I will have prior tests to compare scores with.  All I have from the past year are PSSAs. 


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to read your comments!! They brighten up my day! Thank you so much for taking the time!! :-)