Saturday, July 9, 2011

Reason # 4 - Freedom

Although this is not the main reason that we decided to homeschool it is definitely my favorite bonus - Freedom and flexibility. 

  • Freedom to go on vacations whenever we want. 
  • Freedom to choose our own curriculum and if we don't like it, change it. 
  • Freedom to go on field trips of our choosing (when, where and how many). 
  • Freedom of our own schedule. 
  • Freedom to go as fast or slow as we need.
I remember taking the kids out of school for educational trips.  We had to fill out the forms that say why the trip was educational.  And the forms had to be approved a month ahead of time.  Also, the trips would not be approved when the PSSA's were being given ...  Ah the freedom will be nice!

I took a lot of time researching curriculum over the past year.  I am really excited about everything that I chose.  I think that it will all be great but if it isn't ... I can change it.  Even if a teacher in traditional school doesn't  like a curriculum, it is not easily changed (if possible at all).  We will have the flexibility.

This is one of the many reasons that I  love the idea of homeschooling!!!

Many blessings!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to read your comments!! They brighten up my day! Thank you so much for taking the time!! :-)