Monday, July 11, 2011

Reason # 5 - Faith

Deuteronomy 6: 6-7  These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

My children have worn crosses to school and talked about Christmas and God openly.  But, it seems that this is becoming a rarity.  The advantages of homeschooling in a Christian home are many.  We can have open discussions of any subject and not be afraid to include Christ.  We can learn ALL theories of how the world began and not just one.  We can learn about the faith of our forefathers and why they made decisions in history. 

I did not choose to homeschool my kids because I am a Christian and want to shelter them from any non-Christian influence.  But I don't like the idea of them being kept from any Christian influence for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week.  Just another benefit to homeschooling - freedom of religion!

Many blessings!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to read your comments!! They brighten up my day! Thank you so much for taking the time!! :-)